It’s hard to believe that Vehicles for Change has been in existence for nearly 13 years. As we close another chapter in our history (VFC’s 2012 fiscal year ended on June 30th), we can look back and proudly say that VFC reached new heights in 2012.
You helped make these accomplishments possible over the past year:
- VFC served 465 worthy families, providing each of them with a reliable automobile to gain or maintain employment. This is the second highest number of cars awarded in VFC history.
- Walk in Their Shoes, a successful new program that provided local dignitaries a chance to experience what life would be like without a car, was unveiled in both Baltimore and D.C.
- VFC welcomed Suzanne Fischer-Huettner, publisher of The Daily Record, to our Board of Directors. Suzanne has been a great addition to our Board and we look forward to working with her in the future.
- Three incredible new members were added to the VFC team: Jen Harrington, Marketing Director; Sonja Eccleston, Donations Coordinator and Freedom Wheels Marketing Coordinator and Marneisha Freeland, Finance Manager. This trio of young ladies has brought new life to the VFC program.
- VFC was able to secure a contract with the Maryland Department of Human Resources to award approximately 100 cars to qualifying families throughout the state.
- A grant from the Federal Transit Administration was renewed, which will allow us to award approximately 280 cars to families in Northern Virginia in 2013 and 2014.
- VFC began conducting a feasibility study to evaluate Freedom Wheels’ ability to expand its sales operations, therefore generating more funds for the VFC program.
- VFC launched a new website and social media presence.
Whether it’s sending us an email with feedback on our donation and car award programs, commenting on our Facebook page or donating a vehicle, your commitment to Vehicles for Change continues to inspire.
Thank you for your continued support. I look forward to seeing what the future brings!