Compensation: Contingent upon experience and ability
Vehicles for Change (VFC), has taken ownership of One Stop Auto, a highly successful auto repair facility, at Greenmount Avenue Baltimore, Maryland. Vehicles for Change is looking for a General Manager with a strong business and automotive background to manage and oversee the new business. The individual must be one of high moral stature, a desire to be part of and continue to build the VFC mission, be able to deal with individuals of all backgrounds and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a unique opportunity to build an automotive operation that will also train and prepare technicians for new career opportunities. The management team will consist of the GM, a daily manager and bookkeeper. The GM will report to the VFC President or Associate Director for Financial Operations.
Compensation package will include a base salary and bonus structure as well as a full benefit package including health care, vacation and retirement plan.
The General Manager shall manage all areas of the facility in collaboration with new ownership, Vehicles for Change, and uphold/implement existing and newly agreed upon policies and procedures. He/she will oversee all supervisors and employees and train the business family in the operations of the business in areas needed. He/she will accept the responsibility to maintain mutually agreed upon sales and profit objectives while striving to surpass customer expectations.
He/she will also in conjunction with VFC's Center for Automotive Careers (CAC), develop the apprenticeship and entry level training programs for hard to serve individuals. This program will work with individuals from the area and train those identified as potential future auto technicians in basic maintenance and repair. In addition, an apprenticeship program will be established where each full-time technician will work with an apprentice from the (CAC).
- Learn the "Full Circle" way, in how owners would handle different issues that arise with employees or customers so that you can address situations as we would. Collaborate with us on a regular and as needed basis. Communication is key!
*Full Circle Image Maintenance
- Supervise cleanliness of facility
- Look of employees
- How customers are addressed and welcomed
*Management of employees:
- Supervise entire business family
- Service advisors
- Shuttle driver
- Office staff
- Hold meetings as needed
*HR issues (in conjunction with HR consultant Access Point)
- Define job descriptions/expectations for each group of employees, add to them when needed, revisit them when necessary
- Performance---formal annual and informal 6-month
- Address Employee complaints
- Hiring as needed in collaboration with owners
- Termination of employees as needed with appropriate documentation
- Address any safety issue immediately
- Take steps needed to help any injured employee. Fully document (including pictures) any injury beyond minor cuts/scrapes.
- Work schedules including vacations, training, etc.
- Uphold compliance of policies/procedures and safety stated in manual
- Implement new policies (for workflow, customer satisfaction, etc) as they are developed keeping them updated and printed for easy training and access for current and future employees.
- Train, instruct and hold employees accountable
- Document failure to comply with P/P and file in employee folder
- Coordinate continued education for employees
- Follow up and implement what employee learned in classes
*Operate the daily sales activities
- Training/supervising employees directly involved in sales
- Coordination of production (workflow)--implement procedures as neede
*Maintain sales and profit objectives
- Review and analyze P & L statements being sure standards are maintained
- Build retail and commercial sales
*Maintain complete customer satisfaction and strive to surpass expectations
- Develop practices to best monitor this and implement those practices with accountability.
- Continue with practices already implemented
- Rewards Program
- Demand force
- Follow-up phone calls
Please send your resume and references along with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: Contingent upon experience
Vehicles for Change (VFC) is seeking a professional with event planning experience to coordinate and manage two events in the Baltimore-DC area. In each event, low-income families will have the life-changing opportunity to receive a car. The event coordinator will collaborate with several VFC staff members to ensure that families are selected and cars are ready for this event.
- Coordinate event logistics & timing
- Work with VFC’s Awards Coordinator to gather information on candidates and ensure that all candidates understand their role in the event
- Work directly with the Associate Director of Donations Processing & VFC’s PR team to secure media coverage
- Work with local dealership partners to ensure that cars are ready for each event
- Document the process
The event coordinator will report directly to the Associate Director of Donations Processing.
This is a part-time position, to last 10-11 weeks. The ideal candidate will have more than 5 years of experience.
Those interested should submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
We are an EOE organization.