Careers at Vehicles for Change
Compensation: Contingent upon experience and ability.
The Marketing Manager is responsible for collaborating with the Executive Director on marketing ideas and implementing all of the Organization’s marketing strategies, communications, and public relations activities, both external and internal. Coordinates the development of support materials and services in the areas of marketing, communications, and public relations. Directs the efforts of the marketing staff.
- Collaborate with Executive Director to create marketing and communications strategy
- Collaborate with public relations team to position VFC in the media
- Manage marketing staff
- Plan and manage special events as needed
- Provide partners with the materials necessary to generate car donations.
- Oversee social media presence
- Keep in contact with donors through means such as surveys and monthly E-mails.
- Review new opportunities for VFC exposure via the Internet while also maintaining the current VFC website.
- Manage development, distribution, and maintenance of all print and electronic collateral including, but not limited to, newsletters, brochures, annual report, e-newsletters, and VFC’s's website
- Lead the generation of online content that engages audience segments and leads to measurable action. Decide who, where, and when to disseminate
- Put communications vehicles in place to create momentum and awareness as well as to test the effectiveness of communications activities
- Answer the phones, E-mails, and faxes when necessary.
*Minimum Education and Work Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Business Management from an accredited college or university
- Must have 3-4 years of experience in a Marketing position in a similar setting.
- Experience working in a nonprofit is preferred
*Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to handle multiple projects and details simultaneously.
- Ability to effectively communicate with others and to work cooperatively with staff inside and outside of the department.
- Well-organized, strong on follow-through, and a high ability to multi-task.
- Effective oral and written communication; public speaking required
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows Environment
- Experience in Adobe Photoshop preferred
- Highly collaborative style; experience developing and implementing communications strategies
- A strong track record as an implementer who thrives on managing a variety of key initiatives concurrently
- Relationship builder with the flexibility and finesse to "manage by influence"
- High energy, maturity, and leadership with the ability to serve as a unifying force and to position communications discussions at both the strategic and tactical levels
- Sincere commitment to work collaboratively with all constituent groups, including staff, board members, volunteers, donors, program participants, and other supporters
- Self-starter, able to work independently, and entrepreneurial; enjoys creating and implementing new initiatives
Those interested should submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Compensation: Contingent upon experience and ability
Vehicles for Change (VFC), has taken ownership of One Stop Auto, a highly successful auto repair facility, at Greenmount Avenue Baltimore, Maryland. Vehicles for Change is looking for a General Manager with a strong business and automotive background to manage and oversee the new business. The individual must be one of high moral stature, a desire to be part of and continue to build the VFC mission, be able to deal with individuals of all backgrounds and possess an entrepreneurial spirit. This is a unique opportunity to build an automotive operation that will also train and prepare technicians for new career opportunities. The management team will consist of the GM, a daily manager and bookkeeper. The GM will report to the VFC President or Associate Director for Financial Operations.
Compensation package will include a base salary and bonus structure as well as a full benefit package including health care, vacation and retirement plan.
The General Manager shall manage all areas of the facility in collaboration with new ownership, Vehicles for Change, and uphold/implement existing and newly agreed upon policies and procedures. He/she will oversee all supervisors and employees and train the business family in the operations of the business in areas needed. He/she will accept the responsibility to maintain mutually agreed upon sales and profit objectives while striving to surpass customer expectations.
He/she will also in conjunction with VFC's Center for Automotive Careers (CAC), develop the apprenticeship and entry-level training programs for hard to serve individuals. This program will work with individuals from the area and train those identified as potential future auto technicians in basic maintenance and repair. In addition, an apprenticeship program will be established where each full-time technician will work with an apprentice from the (CAC).
- Learn the "Full Circle" way, in how owners would handle different issues that arise with employees or customers so that you can address situations as we would. Collaborate with us on a regular and as-needed basis. Communication is key!
*Full Circle Image Maintenance
- Supervise cleanliness of facility
- Look of employees
- How customers are addressed and welcomed
*Management of employees:
- Supervise entire business family
- Service advisors
- Shuttle driver
- Office staff
- Hold meetings as needed
*HR issues (in conjunction with HR consultant Access Point)
- Define job descriptions/expectations for each group of employees, add to them when needed, revisit them when necessary
- Performance---formal annual and informal 6-month
- Address Employee complaints
- Hiring as needed in collaboration with owners
- Termination of employees as needed with appropriate documentation
- Address any safety issue immediately
- Take steps needed to help any injured employee. Fully document (including pictures) any injury beyond minor cuts/scrapes.
- Work schedules including vacations, training, etc.
- Uphold compliance of policies/procedures and safety stated in manual
- Implement new policies (for workflow, customer satisfaction, etc) as they are developed keeping them updated and printed for easy training and access for current and future employees.
- Train, instruct and hold employees accountable
- Document failure to comply with P/P and file in employee folder
- Coordinate continued education for employees
- Follow up and implement what employee learned in classes
*Operate the daily sales activities
- Training/supervising employees directly involved in sales
- Coordination of production (workflow)--implement procedures as neede
*Maintain sales and profit objectives
- Review and analyze P & L statements being sure standards are maintained
- Build retail and commercial sales
*Maintain complete customer satisfaction and strive to surpass expectations
- Develop practices to best monitor this and implement those practices with accountability.
- Continue with practices already implemented
- Rewards Program
- Demand force
- Follow-up phone calls
Please send your resume and references along with salary requirements to email@example.com.