Vehicles for Change Student Admissions
The following is required for admission into the Center for Automotive Careers:
- Satisfactory completion of a CFUF/STRIVE, Catholic Charities, Baltimore Station or Baltimore County Division of Workforce Development job readiness program. Students who are about to complete job readiness training are eligible for admission provided they complete this training before detail training starts.
- A current resume.
- A case manager who will stay connected to students while in training and following employment.
- Possession of employer-required identification, including proof of citizenship.
- An email address and the ability to receive and send emails.
- Proof of education attained. Math and reading levels at 8th grade or higher.
- Capacity to sustain oneself for four (4) consecutive weeks of unpaid training.
- Ability to get to Vehicles for Change’s location by 8 am Monday through Friday. The MTA’s Route 36 serves this location. Free parking is provided for students who drive.
- Ability to apply for jobs on-line and basic computer competencies.
- Screened for cash and near-cash benefits.
The following criteria are not required for admission:
- A high school or GED degree.
- A driver’s license.
- A LinkedIn or Google+ Account
AAC applicants must complete a CFUF/STRIVE, Catholic Charities, Baltimore Station or Baltimore County Division of Workforce Development job readiness program. Contacts for these programs are:
Baltimore County Division of Workforce Development: Neishall Schuyler
Baltimore Station: Richard Harris
Catholic Charities: Charlene Thomas-Christon
Center for Urban Families: Shajira Plummer