Donated Cars in Virginia
Families that live in Southern Virginia (south of Fredericksburg) should work with staff at VFC's Virginia location.
Are you on the road to self-sufficiency but struggle with transportation? Are you ready to gain access to better employment opportunities and enjoy personal independence? Vehicles for Change may be able to help you get there!
We receive car donations from the public, make them “road ready,” and then award them at affordable prices. Families that live in Southern Virginia (south of Fredericksburg) should work with staff at VFC’s Virginia location. Learn more and find out if you qualify.
To qualify for a vehicle, you must meet the following basic criteria:
- You must receive or have received in the last 24 months, TANF, Temporary Assistance for Needy Families
- You must have a verifiable job offer or be working at least 30 hours a week
- You must have a driver’s license in the state in which you reside
- You must be insurable (no DWIs or DUIs)
- You must not have any other vehicle in your household
- You must be drug-free
- You must be able to cover fees for taxes, tags, and title (approximately an additional $500)
- You must have a child/children living as dependents with you
- You must be able to afford the ongoing cost of car ownership (insurance, fuel, and repairs, as needed)
You may need to meet additional criteria required by your sponsoring agency. You can look over the list of our partnering sponsorship agencies here.
Please note that Southern Virginia does not offer a Tier II program.
All applicants or questions must go through the individual’s DSS office. DSS workers screen for VFC and if there are questions the DSS Worker will contact VFC.