MARYLAND TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM (TAP)
The Maryland State Department of Human Resources (DHR) has partnered with Vehicles for Change to implement a Transportation Assistance Program (TAP), which will provide vehicles statewide to help current and former Temporary Cash Assistance (TCA) recipients maintain employment.
Qualifications for receiving a VFC car through TAP:
- You must be eligible to receive TCA
- You must have a job that is accessible to public transportation
- You must have non-traditional work hours
- You must face excessive travel time with public transportation
- You must have a valid driver’s license
- You must be capable of providing proof of employment
- You must be working a minimum of 30 hours per week
Contact your DSS caseworker or a TAP coordinator through your local DSS office for more information.