Need A Car
Are you on the road to self-sufficiency but struggle with transportation? Are you ready to gain access to better employment opportunities and enjoy personal independence? Vehicles for Change may be able to help you get there!
We receive car donations from the public, make them “road ready,” and then award them at affordable prices to eligible families in Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia and Michigan.
To qualify for a vehicle, you must meet the following basic criteria:
- You must have a verifiable job offer or be working at least 30 hours a week
- You must have a driver’s license in the state in which you reside
- You must be insurable (no DWIs or DUIs)
- You must not have any other vehicle in your household
- You must be drug-free and have no extensive criminal background
- You must be able to cover fees for taxes, tags, and title (approximately an additional $500)
- If you are under the age of 25, you must have children
- You must be able to afford the ongoing cost of car ownership (insurance, fuel, and repairs, as needed)