Vehicles for Change Vision & Values
Vehicles for Change Inc. (VFC) empowers families with financial challenges to achieve economic and personal independence through car ownership and technical training.
In 1999, Vehicles for Change opened outside of Baltimore, Maryland. After building sustainable car award and automotive training programs in the Maryland-Virginia-Washington D.C. region, VFC began work to replicate those programs nationally, aiming to bring independent transportation and training in the automotive field to as many people as possible. VFC took its first step towards national expansion by opening up its second location in Detroit, Michigan in 2015.
Vehicles for Change has built a sustainable car award program in the Maryland-Virginia-Washington D.C. region. Our goal now is to replicate that program nationally, aiming to bring independent transportation and training in the automotive field to as many people as possible starting with Detroit, Michigan. The VFC vision has three parts:
VFC currently awards cars to families in Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia and Detroit, Michigan.
VFC Training Center
In September 2013, VFC launched the Center for Automotive Careers at its headquarters in Baltimore. Later renamed the Full Circle Auto Repair & Training Center, the center has two training programs: a program that trains automotive detailers and a prison reentry program that trains automotive technicians.
The VFC Advantage
As part of the Full Circle Auto Repair & Training Center, VFC opened the center to serve the public in June 2015. The garage provides basic auto repair, brakes, tune ups, tires, and oil changes and is open to the local residents, former VFC customers and recipients.
Our Core Values
The core values that guide Vehicles for Change:
- Integrity: Being ethically unyielding, honest, inspiring trust by saying what we mean, matching our behaviors to our words and taking responsibility for our actions.
- Mission Driven: There is no better job in the world than one that provides a valuable service for our fellow man.
- Family: VFC will strive to continue to meet the needs of the team as the team strives to meet the needs of each other. We are compassionate towards everyone we encounter, inside and outside of the office.
- Pride: It is our goal to have the best and brightest be a part of the VFC team. A group that believes that what we do is not only having an impact on our families but also in our communities.
- POS (Positively Outrageous Service): There are a number of groups we serve on any given day: recipients, donors, volunteers, funders, sponsoring agencies and each other. Every group deserves the very best service! Every team member is empowered to “make it better” for one of our constituents.
- Innovation: Change is a good thing! It is vital that we continue to evolve the organization to grow stronger and more efficient. Each team member is empowered to discover new ways that VFC can better serve our customers, increase our productivity and secure our future growth.
- The “ME”: Each staff member must commit to the team and to themselves. Bring your best to work, every day. Hold yourself and others accountable for bringing your best and being a team player. Develop personally and professionally, and have fun doing it!