Your Car Donation Can Change the Life of a ChildMarch 3, 2016
While they may not be of driving age, children’s lives are greatly impacted when you donate your car to a needy family.
Donating your car not only allows parents to gain better employment, but it allows kids to do better in school, attend more after-school activities, and have better access to health care.
Here are several ways donating your car helps children.
- Parents gain mobility. A car donation provides much-needed transportation, which can enable a family to make a number of changes in their lives. For example, a new car can enable the breadwinner of a family to accept higher paying job opportunities that may be further from home. A car can help foster a better home life and build stronger family ties.
- Helps children with school. Having a car means that parents can drive their children to school and pick them up afterwards. While the bus is a good option, circumstances can make it hard to catch the bus, so having a car is necessary for a child to get to school on time. Having a car also means that trips to the grocery store can be made quickly and without having to bring the kids on a long walk. This allows parents to go to the store with their children quickly when necessary, and allows the children more time to do homework and study to improve their grades.
- Students attend after school activities. Children who want to play a sport or join a club may not have the opportunity if their family doesn’t have a car. With a car, however, children can attend and excel in extracurricular activities. Some receive college scholarships for something that may not have been possible had the family not owned a car.
- Children remain healthy. Lack of health insurance is not the only thing preventing children from getting regular healthcare. Parents without a car find it difficult to make doctor’s appointments. With a car, parents can take their children to regular checkups, dentist appointments, and other healthcare appointments.
- Families have formative experience. Cars allow families to travel for new experiences. They can learn about other regions of the state or country and enjoy natural settings. Families without independent transportation can’t take such trips. When you donate your car, you allow children to experience a day at the beach, the mountains, or other places that open their eyes to the world around them.
By donating your car, you not only provide families with a chance at better job opportunities and an escape from poverty, but you could have a permanent impact on a child’s life. To find out more about how to donate your car, contact Vehicles for Change.