6 Reasons Why You Should Not Sell Your Car For ScrapJune 14, 2023
If you have an old car that’s no longer running, it can be tempting to sell it for scrap. After all, you might think, what else can you do with a car that’s no longer useful? Before you sell your car for scrap, consider the benefits of donating it to a nonprofit organization like Vehicles for Change instead.
How to Make a Difference with Your Old Car
Here are six reasons why donating your old car can make a difference.
- You can support a cause you care about. When you donate your old car to a nonprofit organization, you choose to support a cause that’s important to you. Whether it’s helping children in need, supporting veterans, or fighting for animal rights, your donation makes an undeniable difference.
- You can get a tax deduction. When you donate your car to a nonprofit like Vehicles for Change, you are eligible for a tax deduction.
- You can avoid the hassle of selling your car. Selling an old car can be a time-consuming and frustrating process. By donating your car, you can avoid the trouble of trying to sell it and instead make a difference in your community with just a simple donation.
- You can help the environment. When you sell your car for scrap, it’s often just melted down for metal. By donating your car, you can help reduce waste and promote sustainability. What’s not to love about that?
- You can support a local nonprofit organization. When you donate your car to a local nonprofit organization like Vehicles for Change, you can support a cause in your community and help make a difference where you live.
- You can make a difference in someone’s life. Whether your car is used to transport someone to a medical appointment, help a family get to work, or support a nonprofit organization’s mission, your donation can make a positive difference in someone’s life. Individuals who have donated to Vehicles for Change have helped thousands of low-income families improve their access to better-paying jobs, given parents the opportunity to be present at their child’s school and extracurricular activities, and much more. Your donation also helps members of our Full Circle Auto Repair and Training Center, where we provide re-entry skills to individuals looking to become advanced auto mechanics. Ultimately, donating your vehicle contributes to all of our efforts at Vehicles for Change.
Donating your old car might not seem like a big deal, but it can make a huge impact on the lives of others. By choosing to donate instead of selling for scrap, you can support a cause you care about, help the environment, and make a difference in someone’s life. So, next time you’re considering selling your old car, think about how much greater of an impact you can make by donating it instead.
Contact Us Today
If you are interested in learning more about donating your car to a charity like Vehicles for Change, contact us here or call us at 855-820-7990. We are happy to answer any questions about getting your car ready for a donation and the tax write-off you are to receive. We wouldn’t be as successful as we are today without the help of donors like you, and we hope you consider car donations this year.