5 Feel-Good Reasons to Donate a CarMarch 1, 2022
It’s no secret that giving back to others makes us feel good inside. But what exactly can that look like, and is it possible that donating a car can change our own lives for the better?
As we close out the first month of the new year, let’s take a moment to think about our New Year’s Resolutions. Regardless of what yours was, it most likely had something to do with being a better version of yourself – physically, emotionally, spiritually, and so forth. At their core, New Year’s Resolutions are set because deep down we want to feel good about how we show up in this world. Giving back by donating your car is one of the best ways to do that for many reasons.
- It changes people’s lives (literally). Did you know that there are 81,000 low-income families in Baltimore without cars? Did you know that many parents can’t get to work or attend their children’s extra-curricular activities because of this? Because of our generous donors, Vehicles for Change has improved the lives of over 25,000 families. When you choose to donate your vehicle, you’re doing so much more than that. You’re helping someone get a better job so they can provide for and, most importantly, be present for their families.
- It creates space in your life. A few years ago, Marie Kondo wrote The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. In it, she guided readers in purging material things in their lives that take up unnecessary room so that they can create space for peace. She very simply wrote: If it doesn’t spark joy, thank it for its service and let it go. If you’ve been promising yourself to “get around to fixing that old car one day,” it may be time to get radically honest with yourself and let go of what no longer serves you. When you donate an unwanted (or unneeded) car, it can create space for new opportunities to come your way.
- To be frank, it’s easier! In theory, it may seem like an easy thing to sell your car, but the truth is, it can be a stressful situation. If you’re selling your car online, you never know if the buyer is legit or whether or not you should trust meeting them at your home. It can also be disappointing to find out your car is not worth as much money as you may have thought. Donating your car couldn’t be easier; it’s just 3 simple steps. Fill out a brief form, schedule a pick-up, and meet the tow truck. Vehicles for Change will take care of the rest!
- It’s tax-deductible. While giving back usually isn’t about the money, everyone loves a good tax write-off. Besides, there’s no reason you shouldn’t benefit from being a good person and helping others! To learn more about tax savings and how to go about writing off your donation, head over to one of our recent blogs that explores the topic in-depth.
- It gives you a reason to go car shopping AND save the planet! Have you had your eye on a more environmentally friendly vehicle? With discussions on climate change becoming more and more mainstream, many Americans are looking to purchase Electric Vehicles soon. When you make a charitable donation with Vehicles for Change, you give yourself a reason to go car shopping. If you choose an EV, you’re also helping the environment. There is just no telling how much good can come from one simple action.
Why Should I Donate My Car?
Overall, there are many reasons you should donate your car. You’re changing the lives of others in a BIG WAY; you’re paving the way for new opportunities to come your way; you’re skipping out on stress and choosing peace instead; you’re receiving a tax deduction; and you’re helping save the environment. These are all simple ways to feel really good inside, and let’s be honest, who doesn’t want that right now?
Contact Us Today
Start the year off on a positive note for you and someone else! If you’re ready to take the next step, we’d love to help. When you take the initiative to donate your used car to Vehicles for Change, we handle the nitty-gritty details. It’s as simple as these three steps:
- Complete the donation form
- Schedule a pick-up
- Hand over the keys, and know you’re changing someone’s life by doing so!